Mike Danton delar med sig av sina tankar inför den stundande seriepremiären, laget och förväntningarna på säsongen.
How is the mood in the team, do you notice that it´s getting close to the premiere? Can you see any difference in practice?
- The mood in the team is good - it's fresh. Everyone is excited for the regular season to start. We have been training hard for the last 5+ weeks and this last week of practice will have us prepared for the season. The practices this week have been focused on fine-tuning all of the details we have been working hard on.
What is the goal for the team this season and how will you reach it?
We have many team goals this year. We have discussed where we want to finish as a team and what our records home and away should be. The main goal; however, is to finish in the top four of our league prior to the Christmas break. Then, obviously, our goal is to go as far as possible. We have a very good team. I think we are going to surprise a lot of people, as long as we play the way that we can.
What are your personal goal for this season?
- As Captain, all of my goals are team oriented. I want to be an example on and off the ice for all of our players. I want for our team to play as well as we can and for as long as we can. I hate to lose, so I want to win every game. Personally, I want to play as well as possible. If I do that, and the rest of the team follows suit, then we will be fine.
Which player do you think is going to be the biggest surprise, in a good way, this season? Why?
- It is hard for me to pinpoint a certain player or players that are going to be a surprise this year. In order for me to do that, I would need to know what outsiders are expecting of all the players. Our team has players that suit specific roles. We expect our top 6 forwards to produce offensively and our bottom 6 forwards to play physical and strong defensively. However, we have players in our bottom 6 that are going to be expected to score and players in our top 6 that need to play physical and strong defensively. So, I think the surprise will be in the players taht do not fulfill their roles this season.
How do you think the premiere game will go?
- I think the first game will be very spirited and entertaining. There is going to be a lot of energy in that rink and the atmosphere should be excellent. Obviously, we are expecting to win because that is what we are aiming towards. However, we are aware that the league has improved this year and we are going to have to work hard and commit to our game plan every game for 60 full minutes in order for us to be successful.
Are you the one that will open up the goal scoring in the premiere game this year?
- Haha, I am not sure if I will open up the scoring in the first game, but I will try. It does not matter to me who scores, I just want to win.
Vi tackar Mike för han tog sig tid att svara på frågorna och önskar lycka till i matchen mot Söderhamn på söndag och resten av säsongen!